I must say, I'm feeling a little dramatic, regarding the adoption.
The wheels have ground to a stop. Does that even make sense?
After receiving the wonderful news that we have been approved to be Potential Adoptive Parents (that's PAP, for all of you who are keeping record of adoption acronyms)! HURRAY!
After we received our Home Study document to review, we assumed that we would awake to find someone on our doorstep with a child ready for us to adopt (kind of like Ed McMahon with his giant check). Ok- so that's a little unrealistic and entirely untrue, but...we did expect a little more than we got.
Which was complete and utter silence.
We got nothin'.
For a week. And then we emailed our agency- we were like, "Ummm....so we got our Home Study back and it was awesome. What's next?"
Our agency emailed us back that our social worker would send the documents- after that we would be OFFICIALLY approved and we could start receiving referrals.
So, we are back to waiting. Arg.
Have I mentioned that I am NO GOOD at waiting? I have to admit that I kind of have a plan for how all of this might work out: we match with our child this spring. we submit our court documents before the courts in India go on holiday (this summer). we travel to India to pick up our child early fall. we have an entire school year with Kylie and our newest sibling to get to hang out before Kylie goes to school. See? Doesn't it all make perfect sense?
Brilliant plan.
What's that? It's not about me managing the situation or controlling the outcome or figuring it all out?
What?
I mean, really. What's it going to take for me to learn that it's not about me figuring it all out. How many times do I have to see that God REALLY DOES have my best interest at heart? Have I EVER been disappointed in His plan? His provision? Have I EVER regretted trusting Him?
Honestly?
Nope. Not ever. Not once. I have not always been able to understand His plan (in the moment). But as I look back on my life- I am truly humbled. And more than a little chagrined. After all- who am I to question Him? He set the world in motion...He came to earth to save us. He cares about every detail of my life. He loves the sweet child that we are waiting for- He loves her (or him!) more than I can possibly imagine.
And so, whether it is tomorrow or a year from tomorrow (oh goodness, I pray that it is not 2 years from tomorrow!), it is going to be the perfect time.
So, we are waiting...
On another completely unrelated note-
Missy brought her camera (and Rob's awesome fancy lens) to the playground this afternoon after school.
Here's an amazing shot she took of Gracie...
And another one-
Y'all have a good night...


Great photography! Actually, great subject. We can't wait to meet the new Bindra child--whenever it is! And I will take that child's picture too!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT REMINDER FOR ME IN MY WAITING TOO!
ReplyDelete