Friday, December 3, 2010

Waiting for you...

Where do I start?  Maybe an explanation?  The story behind the name of our blog?  How I, completely inept at all things technological, happen to have a blog?
I'll start at the beginning...

For as long as I can remember, I have thought about adoption.
Then I met and married Amby-  and we both talked about adopting at some point in the distant future.  Before we had biological children, we thought adoption was a great idea.  Then we got pregnant and had Lily.  And 17 months later we had Gracie.  And then- a year and 1/2 later, we had Kylie.  And the idea of adoption was kind of lost amidst the  diapers and burp cloths and nursing pads and...well.  We didn't talk about it for a long, long time.


Then, a little over a year ago, I started thinking about adoption again.
Amby wasn't super surprised.  But, he was definitely "on the fence."  You see, after we had Lily and Gracie, we were done.  I was done being pregnant;  we were done having children.  We were ready to move on!  The next season!  
The road was ours and we were ready to hit it!
Ha.
Getting pregnant with Kylie was a huge surprise (I do not use that term loosely-  HUGE).  We were grateful and excited, but definitely a little wigged out.  THREE KIDS in less than THREE YEARS!  That's a lot!
And then, we were done.  Really done.  Get-the-surgery...(Amby).  DONE.


But the Lord wasn't done with us.
I couldn't get the idea of another child out of my head or my heart.  I would ask (older, wiser) friends, "do you wish you'd had just one more?  Why?  Why not?"  "What did you do with that hope for just one more?"


So, we started praying about adoption.  I knew that I didn't want to adopt if Amby and I weren't on the same page.  And I knew that it was a stretch for him to think having 4 kids was a possibility for our family.  (he comes from a 2 kid family)  So, I just asked if we could pray and see what the next step the Lord had for our family might be.


Within months, we discovered the next step for our family.  We learned about a class that our church offers for those who are interested in adoption- "If You Were Mine."  It's a six week class discussing the process of adoption.  After much prayer, we decided that our next step of obedience was to take the class.  The class was incredible-  and very eye-opening.  We learned countless facts about adoption.  We learned how accessible adoption is.  We learned different options.  Most importantly, we learned that it was just as faithful to choose not to adopt as it it to choose TO adopt.  The important issue was to know what the Lord was calling us to and to wait on Him.


So, we waited and prayed.  And prayed and waited.  And talked a lot.
And here we are.  On the road to adoption.  We are excited.  We are hopeful.  We are very wet behind the ears!!






2 comments:

  1. I love it! So glad you gave into the peer pressure! I'm just wondering why we are not on the bloglist. You are better friends with the Pioneer woman than the Fifers? Really? I am hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that u joined this party. And that adoption is in the works. Praying for the new Bindra... Wherever he or she is!
    And I'm with Sarah... :)

    ReplyDelete