Friday, October 28, 2011

Himself

This morning we received a call from our agency-  Kylie and I were just coming home from walking the big girls to school.  I heard the phone ringing and rushed to answer it as I saw our social worker's name in the display.  Breathlessly I said, "Hi, Debbie!"  Debbie greeted me and went on to share the latest news.
Turns out that the Russian family who was interested in L has not been back to the orphanage since they met her and expressed an interest in pursuing adoption.  Our agency and the orphanage feel like this is good news for us.  The orphanage is going to give the family another week to contact them regarding L, and then they will call the Russian Child Welfare Services and let them know that a local family was interested in L.  The RCWS will contact the family to be certain that they are no longer planning on pursuing L's adoption.  If the family is no longer interested, we will be able to re-schedule our trip and move forward.  We aren't sure about the time-line...but we are cautiously optimistic.  And always grateful for information.



Today I pulled out an old, favorite book (my Kindle finally lost all of its charge, and I had to plug it in) called Joy in the Journey-  it's a compilation by Michael Card and Timothy Botts...you remember Michael Card, an incredible singer/songwriter who was popular in certain circles during the 80s and 90s?  Timothy Botts is a wonderfully gifted calligrapher.  The two men united their talents in one book-  Michael's lyrics and Timothy's art...  I probably haven't looked at the book in at least 5 years.
But it was exactly what my soul needed this afternoon.
After reading the lyrics to "El Shaddai" (& the story behind it) and gazing upon the beautiful art, my soul was stirred.  Upon reading the words of God to Job, and Job's response, my heart was humbled.  My heart rejoiced as I read (and sang in my head) "Jubilee..."  "debts forgiven, slaves set free, Jesus is our Jubilee!"

All of this adoption stuff is such a mystery to us.  We are grateful that God is in control of it all and we pray that we would continue to trust Him on this journey.
To be honest, it's hard not to want answers.  Ok, the truth is, we really want answers!  It's hard not to badger people for answers-



And, in reality-  God doesn't always give us answers...but He always gives us Himself.


(ps-  that little nugget is not original, it's something that I read this afternoon- love it.)


(pps-  we've received several (very short!) emails from our friends from Minnesota -  they made it to Russia safely and have met and spent time with the child they are pursuing.  AND, they got to meet L and give her the clothes and toys we sent!  yay!)

1 comment:

  1. ok so thanks for the update... we will be cautiously optimistic with you and pray that God continues to give you more and more of Himself. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete